COVID-19: June 2020 Update
25 June 2020
Since our last update we have introduced some modified measures to allow us to continue working as normally as possible while complying with changing government guidance. We have largely been working remotely and have been able to offer virtual client meetings via FaceTime or Microsoft Teams, and also some limited short face-to-face meetings outside e.g. for signing documents and handing over ID. These arrangements will continue.
In addition we will now offer some sit-down socially-distanced meetings indoors for some of our Probate clients.
Meanwhile we are gradually increasing the time our staff spend in person in the office. Some remote working will continue.
Please keep checking our website and Facebook page for further updates.
Alison Fielden & Co. - Notary Public
Alison FieldenAlison Fielden
provides Notary services within the firm and is the only Notary in Cirencester. Appointments are available Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm and Saturday 8.30am-12.30pm.
The following are examples of the certificates we can provide for documents being used abroad:
- Certificates of execution where the notary witnesses someone's signature
- Certification that a document has been sworn or affirmed in front of the notary
- Formal documents acceptable in Roman Law jurisdictions
- Certification that the document is a true of copy of an original the notary has seen
- Certificates relating to the execution of documents on behalf of British companies and confirming the capacity of the company's directors
If the document needs to be legalised at the Foreign Office or a foreign embassy or consulate we can arrange this. Please see our factsheets page for a Foreign & Commonwealth Office list of countries which are parties to the Hague Convention and thus require a certificate (apostille) by the Foreign Office.
We can also carry out the formalities required in respect of Bills of Exchange.
Documents we can provide certificates for include:
- powers of attorney
- sponsorship declarations
- certificates of true translation
- house purchase agreements
- probate documentation
- documentation for marriages abroad
- immigration or emigration papers
- foreign adoption applications
- documents setting up companies or franchises abroad
- documents relating to litigation abroad
- certificates that a pensioner is living and eligible to continue receiving a pension
For more information about Notary services please see our factsheets page.